I definitely have to give a HUGE shoutout to these two! I may or may not have cried a LOT on the last day of school because they were just somethin else!
Mr F was an aide in Ella's class last year and she wanted to make sure that she got him again this year! Lucky us, we got Mrs F as her second grade teacher with the Mr working right along with her! They are the most amazing team and Ella had a fantastic year! I couldn't have asked for better people to teach her!
I may be getting a little more sappy in my old age, but as I was sitting in their classroom one day the kids stood up to read the class rules as they did everyday and as they said, "it takes courage to take a risk," and "It is intelligent to ask for help," tears puddled in my eyes. How many times growing up have you sat in a classroom not fully understanding what was being taught, but too afraid to ask for help? I have done it more times than I want to admit. Kids can be mean and these two were certainly there to influence these kids' lives + teach them otherwise. How awesome is it that we can simply repeat something to ourselves daily and eventually our minds will start to believe it? They taught the kids to take risks, to go after their dreams, and most importantly... to be KIND! If there is one thing in life that I want my kids to learn, it is to be kind to everyone-- no matter what!
You guys, your kids spend more time in the classroom with their teachers during the week than they do at home and these teachers deserve the world for shaping our littles into becoming something great! It takes a village these days and we mamas can't do it all on our own! With our example + great teachers, I feel like we can truly make the world a better place for the future! It's a scary place out there and it's up to us to help make it great!
Ella has already been planning our trip to Florida to visit these two as they retired and moved closer to family! They teach surfing classes + I think I see some lessons in our future! Thank you so much for the fantastic year + we hope to see you on the waves in a few years!


No comments:
Post a Comment